Joe Biden has won the US elections and in January 2021 will become the 46th president of the United States of America. While that is not yet official, it is clear. But what is also clear is that we cannot go back to the pre-Trump world. When Biden enters the White House, he will look for a Europe that brings solutions rather than problems. Europeans should show they can be an equal partner and offer him a new transatlantic bargain. This week, host Mark Leonard is joined by our ECFR program directors: Susi Dennison, Janka Oertel, Julien Barnes-Dacey, Nicu Popescu, and Theodore Murphy to analyse how a “European offer” could look, with topics ranging from climate to trade, to multilateralism.
- ECFR topic page
- “The best defence: Why the EU should forge security compacts with its eastern neighbours” by Gustav Gressel & Nicu Popescu
This podcast was recorded on 12 November 2020.
- Africa first, by Jakkie Cilliers
- Forget unity – now elections deliver revenge as much as representation, by William Davies
- This is not normal, by William Davies
- My Brother’s Road, an American’s Fateful Journey to Armenia, by Markar Melkonian
- The Nine Lives of Pakistan, by Declan Walsh
- Sharp: The Women Who Made an Art of Having an Opinion, by Michelle Dean
- Blood and Oil: Mohammed bin Salman’s Ruthless Quest for Global Power, by Bradley Hope, Justin Scheck