Working at ECFR
The European Council on Foreign Relations is an award-winning international think-tank that aims to conduct cutting-edge independent research on European foreign and security policy and to provide a safe meeting space for decision-makers, experts, and influencers to share ideas. We build coalitions for change at the European level and promote informed debate about Europe’s role in the world. ECFR is uniquely placed to provide a pan-European perspective on some of the biggest strategic challenges and choices Europeans need to confront, with a network of offices in seven European capitals. Find out more about ECFR.
With 100 staff members across seven European capitals, each member of the team makes a vital contribution to our impact. We emphasise selecting individuals who strongly identify with ECFR’s mission and embrace our organisational culture.
ECFR is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to support the personal and professional development of its staff irrespective of their gender, nationality, religion, disability, age, cultural background, or sexual identity.
We look for people who:
- are strategic, curious, and creative;
- have an agile and entrepreneurial mindset;
- show the desire and knowledge to translate research into practical, policy-driven solutions;
- are committed to a process of ongoing learning;
- act with humility, generosity, and integrity towards others;
- demonstrate flexibility, adaptability, and ease in working in fast-paced environments;
- have strong planning, problem-solving, and self-organising skills.
- High level of personal responsibility
- Highly motivated and brilliant colleagues from across Europe
- Competitive compensation
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Flexible working