Health of Nations: How Europe can fight future pandemics
This week, ECFR senior policy fellow, Susi Dennison, takes over the podcast to talk about international cooperation on global health
As many European countries are starting to see light at the end of the tunnel after yet another hard winter struggling with covid-19, attention is refocusing on global inequity around tackling the pandemic. What does effective multilateral cooperation on global health and pandemic preparedness look like in a growing geopolitically competitive world? And what needs to change in Europe’s approach to cooperation in this area with the African Union and African states? ECFR Council Member Gunilla Carlsson – vice-chair of the Global Fund Strategy Committee, former deputy director of UNAIDS, and former Swedish minister for international development cooperation – and ECFR senior policy fellow Anthony Dworkin share their insights and recommendations from ECFR’s latest report on this topic.
This podcast was recorded on 10 February 2022.
- The Power Atlas, Health chapter by Anthony Dworkin
- Health of Nations: How Europe can fight future pandemics by Anthony Dworkin
- “Beloved” by Toni Morrison
- “The Global Fund Report” by The Global Fund
- “Oxford Guide to Plain English”
- “The uncounted” by Sara L.M. Davis