Post: 1 Intern (Starting date: September 15th; ending: end of February)
Reporting to: Silvia Francescon, Head of the Rome Office
Location: Rome, Italy
Deadline: 22th July 2014
Background to appointment
- The European Council on Foreign Relations (ECFR) is a pan-European initiative which seeks to conduct research and promote informed debate across Europe on the development of coherent, effective and values-based European foreign policy. www.ecfr.eu
- ECFR currently has offices in London (HQ), Berlin, Madrid, Paris, Rome, Warsaw and Sofia.
- A pan-European Council. ECFR has brought together a distinguished Council of over one hundred Members – politicians, decision makers, thinkers and business people from the EU's member states and candidate countries. Members provide ECFR staff with advice and feedback on policy ideas and help with ECFR's activities within their own countries. The Council is chaired by Martti Ahtisaari, Joschka Fischer and Mabel van Oranje.
- A physical presence in the main EU member states. ECFR, uniquely among European think-tanks, has offices in Berlin, London, Madrid, Warsaw, Paris and Sofia. Our offices are platforms for research, debate, advocacy and communications.
- A distinctive research and policy development process. ECFR has brought together a team of distinguished researchers and practitioners from all over Europe to advance its objectives through innovative projects with a pan-European focus. ECFR's activities include primary research, publication of policy reports, private meetings and public debates, ‘friends of ECFR' gatherings in EU capitals and outreach to strategic media outlets.
- ECFR was initiated by George Soros and was incubated by the Open Society Foundation in London and four other founding donors: The Communitas Foundation, Sigrid Rausing, FRIDE and Unicredit. Its transition to an independent entity is nearing completion and ECFR are putting in place the infrastructure to support its continued growth and success. It has applied for charitable status.
The interns will assist the ECFR Rome Office activities with the daily work and organization and according to circumstances and requests
- Support the Rome Office for the organization of policy and advocacy events;
- Maintain the ECFR Rome Office database (Italian political parties, Italian European Parliamentarians, Italian administrations, think tanks, press, etc).
- Follow up and synthesize news related to the Italian foreign policy context in the Italian and foreign media (including by Google alerts);
- Contribute to raise the Rome Office communication profile, through innovative tools, uploading commentaries and other publications, podcasts, facebook, twitter, you tube and blogs;
- Get insights into all aspects of the core-work of ECFR
- Other general responsibilities as may be reasonably requested over time
- Very good knowledge of the European and Italian institutions and of International relations;
- strong organizational skills
- Italian mother tongue and excellent English/other languages would be an asset
- some experience in communication
- Excellent IT skills, including some knowledge of database, social networks and website maintenance.
- Education, related to international and European affairs
- Interests in international relations, comparative politics, etc.
- Posses a good knowledge of the European institutions and of international relations
- Experience in research, administrative and organizational work
- Excellent written and oral English language skills
ECFR Internship Offer
- An exciting opportunity to gain work experience in a challenging and fast-paced environment.
- An internship contract and partial coverage of expenses ( Euro 400 per month/full time position)
HOW TO APPLY
Please send to Teresa Coratella, Rome Office Program Coordinator, [email protected] , the following documents ( in English):
· ONE PAGE COVERING LETTER (with ref: “intern ECFR Rome Office”) in the subject line Reference person: Silvia Francescon, Head of the Rome Office).
· TWO REFERENCE LETTERS
· YOUR CV Please restrict your CV to no more than three pages of A4 specifying the period of your availability. Please state your citizenship and status with respect to living and working in the Italy
Deadline for application: 22th July 2014
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview in the first week of September
No phone calls please. Due to the large volume of candidates applying for positions within ECFR we will unfortunately only be able to respond to your application if you have been shortlisted for the role.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
ECFR is an equal opportunities employer
ECFR non assume posizioni collettive. Le pubblicazioni di ECFR rappresentano il punto di vista degli autori.