14.30 – 15.00 Opening:
- Lykke Friis, Co-chair of ECFR, Minister for Climate and Energy and Equal Rights of Denmark (2009 – 2011)
- Petar Stoyanov, President of Bulgaria (1997-2001)
15.10 – 15.50 Panel I: What do the voters expect?
- Moderator: Vessela Tcherneva, Deputy Head of the ECFR and head of the Sofia Office
- Piotr Buras, Political Scientist, Head of ECFR Warsaw
- Genoveva Petrova, Manager, Alfa Research
- Antony Galabov, Sociologist, Professor at New Bulgarian University, Sofia
16.00 – 16.40 Panel II: What Europe do we want?
- Moderator: Daniel Stefanov, Programme Coordinator for the Sofia Office of the ECFR
- Rumyana Kolarova, Political analyst, Sofia University
- Georgi Harizanov, Institute for Right Policy
- Assen Agov, Journalist, former MP from UDF/DSB
European Council on Foreign Relations, together with Konrad Adenauer Foundation, are organizing a discusion on “The European values in a changing world: How can we respond to the populist wave?“.
A month before the EU elections the center-right mainstream parties need to identify the red lines that separate them from the national populists. They need to discuss how to keep their voters without crossing the red line that would mean leaving behind the values of Europe, the Christian democracy, pluralism and liberal democracy.
We look forward to seeing you!
The ECFR team