- Koen Doens, Director-General, Directorate-General International Partnerships (INTPA), European Commission
- Kerstin Jorna, Director-General, Directorate-General for Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs (GROW), European Commission
- Håkan Jevrell, State Secretary for International Trade, Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Sweden
- Olivier Becht, Minister Delegate for Foreign Trade, Economic Attractiveness and French Nationals Abroad, Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs of France (invited)
- Franziska Brantner, Parliamentary State Secretary, Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Climate Action
- Theodore Murphy, Africa Programme Director, ECFR
Global competition to secure supply chains has sharply intensified in recent years. Europe must identify and enhance its competitive and comparative advantages relative to other countries and regions in the geopolitical competition over Critical Raw Materials (CRM). Europe needs to develop its own CRM diplomacy capabilities to avoid dependence. Cooperation with the US and other like-minded allies is best achieved from a position of European capability.
The first ECFR Critical Raw Materials Forum will focus on developing a European CRM diplomacy toolkit to enable Europe to act as an equal rather than dependent partner in CRM value-chains and in meeting its growing need for CRMs for the green and digital transitions. The event will convene a select group of European decision-makers and opinion-shapers from across business, civil society, European governments and the European Commission.
In-person event. Registration required. Register here