Go to the Middle East and North Africa programme's page
1. What are the goals of intervention?
2. The chemical weapons dilemma
3. The problem with evidence
4. The legality challenge
5. The military dynamic of western intervention
6. Impact on the trajectory of the Syria conflict
7. Impact on the region
8. A diplomatic alternative?
Armenia's surprising turn to Russia explained
Pro-Europeans should create space for battles between competing visions of Europe
Syria’s war economy is encouraging profiteers to prolong the conflict
On the nature of the reform agenda.
The EU should support the new Ukrainian government.
ECFR paper "Syria's war economy" on Il Sole 24 Ore
ECFR paper "The Eurosceptic surge and how to respond to it" quoted on Euractiv.it
Myriam Benraad on Syria and the release of French hostages.
ECFR policy brief on Syria's war economy is quoted