Go to the Middle East and North Africa programme's page
1. What are the goals of intervention?
2. The chemical weapons dilemma
3. The problem with evidence
4. The legality challenge
5. The military dynamic of western intervention
6. Impact on the trajectory of the Syria conflict
7. Impact on the region
8. A diplomatic alternative?
Pro-Europeans should create space for battles between competing visions of Europe
Syria’s war economy is encouraging profiteers to prolong the conflict
On the nature of the reform agenda.
Stefan Meister is interviewed on Putin's intentions
Myriam Benraad analyses Iraq's internal dynamics ahead of the elections.
Borjas Lasheras analyses the 5 dilemmas of the next NATO summit in Cardiff
Stefan Meister comments on Russia's ballistic missile test